Design Sponge's Jar Terrarium

20100821-IMG_8449

I made some terrariums from old jars that I had laying around. I never really throw away jars like marinara sauce jars or mayo jars. It's what I learned from my mom who kept and wash all of them. She uses them to store her endless supply of spices, or to store my dad's many variety of teas. I learned from my friend, Ruby, to use them to carry soup for lunch. Overall, jars are just simply too pretty and too useful to throw away.

I found the tutorial to make terrariums in jars from Design Sponge, which I knew because Brendan sent me a link for the Chorizo and Egg Sandwich. I gotta give credits where it's due.

It's actually really easy since I found some Irish moss, cactus, clovers, and a small plant from my mom's garden. So all it really took was 15 minutes to put it all together.

20100821-IMG_8430

20100821-IMG_8439

20100821-IMG_8435

20100821-IMG_8442

20100821-IMG_8459

It took a few trials to wiggle the jar over the lid without squeezing onto the moss and plants' leaves. I had to remove the jar, washed it, and screwed it back onto the lid again.

3 comments:

Stinkeepoo said...

I hope you didn't put in clovers because those things will take over your jar in weeks.

Other than that, the pictures and the jars look wonderful!

LeTran said...

meeps, there ARE some clovers in there! :(

Stinkeepoo said...

Clovers are rapid growers. Better drag them out when you get home. They're taking over our lawn and we can't kill them.

Post a Comment