Mother's Day and Sunshine

20110504-DSC_2661
I woke up to sunshine flooding my bed today. Even though it was 6:30 AM, the sun was beaming as an indication of summer approaching.



Today is also Mother's Day for my new found country (new found = 17 years ago). I'm not anywhere near my mom. She's in Florida attending a wedding. She called me yesterday sounding like she was having a great time. It made me happy to hear laughter in her voice. If she was here, she would tell me that it's not important to "celebrate" Mother's Day for one day out of the year when I should be good all year long. I'm guilty of not being nice/good to my mom all year long.



Last week, I made a decision to not get crossed at my mom for every little things. All she wanted to do was take care of me like I want to take care of my pets. She did everything for me from the day she knew I existed. She made sure that I have a good life. We might not agree on a lot of things in life, but can I really blame her? Maybe if I grew up with the life she had and in her time, I would have the same views.


20110508-DSC_2761
...and because my mom and my dad have made me everything I am today, I was able to be a responsible "adult" who made her own breakfast...a breakfast that looked like a face.


20110508-DSC_2770
By the way, this is the table that I've been sitting at for hours on end this past week and it still looks like this. Never ending study is ~fun~. My mom would be ashamed of how messy it is and proud that I'm studying at the same time.

2 comments:

Helen Lam said...

you ate two slices of bananas, two blueberries, and one slice of strawberry (with lots of whipped cream) for breakfast? WEAK.

LeTran said...

even weaker, that wasn't whipped cream, it was yogurt...and you forgot a few grains of sugar.

Post a Comment